This is an enhancement release, confined mainly to the modules rather than the framework. In particular, this adds support for VDPAU, YADIF, and HD-SDI technologies!
configure: added --disable-sse2
- mlt_cache: added mlt_cache_set_size()
- mlt_filter: added data property "service" - set when attached
- added Doxygen docs
- added "previous frame" and "next frame" data properties - available when its producer has _need_previous_next=1
- mlt_playlist: added support for negative out point same as length-1
- added mlt_service_cache_purge()
- added "_need_previous_next" handling in mlt_service_get_frame()
- added firing event "service-changed" in mlt_service_attach()
- avformat producer:
- added decoding H.264 with NVIDIA VDPAU
Requires FFmpeg built with vdpau. This is automatically detected and enabled. You can disable this by setting environment variable MLT_NO_VDPAU=1 or property novdpau=1.
- added caching of FFmpeg contexts and decoded images
This allows large numbers of clips in a project avoiding limitations with number of threads and file descriptors permitted per process. You can disable image caching with property noimagecache=1.
- added variant of producer named avformat-novalidate
- restored support for video4linux(2)
- avformat consumer: added apre, fpre, and vpre preset properties
- crop filter: added center_bias integer property
- deinterlace filter: added the excellent YADIF as a method
- kdenlivetitle producer: added text outlining
- linsys/sdi consumer:
- added support for HD-SDI
- changed name from "linsys_sdi" to just "sdi"
- oldfilm filter: added "uneven development" effect
- xml producer: add support for unspecified out points
- added several missing ATSC (HD) profiles
- change descriptions from using Hz to fps