There were quite a few enhancements and changes including a minor interface change. Therefore, this release gets a jump in the versioning.
- Added (Y'CbCr) colorspace attribute.
- Added mlt_profile_clone().
- Added mlt_consumer_position() and Mlt::Consumer::position().
- Added Mlt::Properties::wait_for(string).
- Added a version API: mlt_version_get_int() and others.
- Added Mlt::Producer::pause().
- Added mlt_frame_write_ppm() for debugging.
- Added automatic detection of profile from first input when profile not specified.
- Now exits with error result when consumer fails fatally.
- Added swfdec producer for Flash files including variables support. (Does not support audio.)
- Added consumer for Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDI and Intensity HDMI.
- Added Y'CbCr colorspace conversion and option to use full luma range.
- Added (de)serialization of profile to XML.
- Added support for #frame# variable to the data_show filter.
- Added support for frei0r string parameters.
- Make FFmpeg formats and codecs available as properties (not just stderr).
- Try to load .xml file as MLT XML.
- Added a consumer-sdl-paused event to sdl_preview.
- Added a consumer-fatal-error event to avformat.
- Change composite transition to default to progressive rendering; field-based rendering available only explicitly.